Monday, February 4, 2013

Bruno Sammartino to be Inducted to WWE Hall of Fame



Its official, WWE has announced via their website that Bruno Sammartino will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.

The ceremony which takes place on April 6, the night before WrestleMania 29 already features former WWE Champions Mick Foley and Bob Backlund and former Women’s Champion Trish Straus. You can now put the longest-reigning WWE Champion of all-time to that list.

When asked why this year was the year, after turning them down year after year Sammartino had this to say, “Triple H contacted me and started telling me all the things that had changed and everything that was going on with the WWE. I started watching it after talking to him and when I saw it, I was very, very impressed.”

Triple H added “I love the history of this business, without history, there is no tomorrow. To look back on the history of the WWE, one of the most important figures in the long story of where this all came from wasn't recognized, and that was Bruno.”

Triple H would go on to say a very bold statement, “Arguably the biggest name ever in the history of the business is Bruno Sammartino.”

I’ll have a more in-depth look at the life and career of Sammartino, along with the rest of the Hall of Fame inductees as the road to WrestleMania moves forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment